Sunday 8 August 2010

The first night of In the Name of the Flesh

On my first full day at the Edinburgh Fringe 2010, the sun shone, the sky was blue and it got quite warm in the afternoon. The sunny mood carried on into the evening. After taking part in the Hammer and Tongue slam that precedes my show at the Banshee Labyrinth Cinema, I nervously got ready for my performance. It was nerve wracking to have to get the bar staff to assist me with the video connections. Especially when I left briefly for the toilet and found a queue of punters waiting oustside to see my show! I ended up with a reassuring audience of about 25-30 people, which is more than I expected on the first night. It was nice to have Richard Tyrone Jones among the audience. In spite of a couple of minor technical glitches, the show ran smoothly. The audience stayed, laughed in the right places and warmly applauded at the end. Quite a good start, I'd say!


(at the Hammer & Tongue slam)
(First night of In the Name of the Flesh)

More explicit photos here:

No comments:

Post a Comment